18" 6.8 SPC Stainless Heavy Contour Barrel AR15 Rifle Upper Assembly with 12" Rail and A2 Flash Hider
The 6.8mm SPC was designed to address the deficiencies of the ballistics of the 556 NATO cartridge currently in service with the armed forces of all NATO-aligned countries. The cartridge was the result of the Enhanced Rifle Cartridge Program. The 6.8 SPC was initially developed by Master Sergeant Steve Holland and Chris Murray, a United States Army Marksmanship Unit gunsmith, to offer superior downrange lethality over the 5.56 NATO/.223 Remington in an M16-pattern service rifle with minimal loss of magazine capacity and a negligible increase in recoil. The goal was to create a cartridge that would bridge the gap between 5.56 mm and 7.62mm.
- 18" 6.8 SPC 416R Stainless Heavy Contour Barrel with 1x8 Twist and 5/8x24 Threads. The chamber of this barrel conforms to SAAMI specs for 6.8 SPC. The barrel is machined for a 0.136" bolt face depth AKA a Type 2 6.8SPC bolt. The bolt carrier group available for purchase with this upper assembly has a Type 2 bolt matched to this barrel.
- Mil-Spec Upper Receiver forged from 7075 T6 aluminum with forward assist and dust cover assembly installed. Hard coat anodized MIL-STD 8625 Type 3 Class 2.
- 12" Narrow Profile Free Float Rail machined from 6061 T6 aluminum. Very comfortable and very light weight. Your choice of M-LOK or KEYMOD attachment points along the entire length at 3, 6, and 9 positions. Hard coat anodized MIL-STD 8625 Type 3 Class 2.
- 0.750" Low Profile Gas Block.
- Rifle Length Gas System.
- Mil-Spec A2 Flash Hider with crush washer.
- AR15parts will customize (to your specificaions in the drop down menu) your AR15 upper with the Rail Type (M-LOK or KEYMOD), a Magazine or two, one of our High Quality Bolt Carrier Groups, and your choice of 5 different Charging Handles.
This upper assembly will fit all standard AR15 lower receivers.
This item is "Firearm Parts", not a complete firearm (no serialized components). It will be shipped directly to you with no FFL transfer required.
You are responsible for knowing federal, state and local laws applicable to this item. AR15Parts.com reserves the right to not ship to addresses where it may not be legal to own this item.
ReviewsRobert Leeds/Patriot Arms and SupplyI have used 16" 6.8 SPC's and figured I would give an 18" a try. The 18" offers better velocity and accuracy plus should push the effective range past 300 Yards. Mid Length Gas Length will also reduce Recoil and Muzzle Rise. This is especially useful when followup shots are needed.Bobby Price
18in 6.8spcll complete upperThis is well built and finished upper. matched perfectly to my Eagle Arms Lower. Looks great and is light weight which is what I wanted. It came with the barrel gas port hole to small, easy fix, they sent me an adjustable gas block and it now works flawlessly. customer service is very good, they were quick to respond to questions. I live within 40 miles of them so it would be nice if they could allow customers to come by and pick up orders.David Marr
6.8 upperI love this caliber and upper it have taken to the range and it handled very good . I could not have picked a better set up for an ar-15.Terri J Galry
68 barrelI installed the barrel tonight thing was great and it looks great too. I have yet to fire and get it ready for hog hunting.David Miller
BarrelI am a first time buyer from this company. Product is as advertised. Nice Barrel - excellent price. I will purchase from this company again in the future.Aaron Arnold
Great BarrelBought two 6.8 spc barrels and both are sub moa at 100 yards with factory ammo. Just make sure to clean barrel with a nylon brush and patch clean barrel first before firing then proper barrel break in.Eddie
Great price. Looks greatGot my new 6.8 barrel last week and it looks great. The outside is clean, but there is a couple of rough spots on the feed ramps. Looks like someone with a dremel tried to do something. It is very noticeable. Took some very fine scotch brite and super fine steel wool to smooth it out. Put the upper together. The bolt assembly locks in to place just fine. Will try a function test tomorrow to see how the ammo enters and ejects. If all goes well then i will go to the range. My rating may go up or down. See how it goes.Matt W
Great quality!This was my first time ordering from here but I was very pleased. Good quality product, prices, and fast shipping. This upper shoots very well and accurate. Will order from here on my next build.Gary Gordon
GREAT UPPERTRIED IT OUT TODAY, I LOVE MY NEW UPPERJoe
Looks greatI purchased an 18" SPC barrel that looks great. Fast shipping at an awesome price. I haven't completed my build yet. I would not hesitate to purchase from these guys.
Leave a Review
DetailsCurrent Stock:SKU: UA68S18SS11HC24R_12ML00_A2UPC:Availability: Usually Ships in 24 HoursOld SKU: 1868SSU1x11RL