16" 6. SPC Stainless Heavy Contour Barrel AR15 Rifle Upper Assembly with 15" Rail and A2 Flash Hider
The 6.8mm SPC was designed to address the deficiencies of the ballistics of the 556 NATO cartridge currently in service with the armed forces of all NATO-aligned countries. The cartridge was the result of the Enhanced Rifle Cartridge Program. The 6.8 SPC was initially developed by Master Sergeant Steve Holland and Chris Murray, a United States Army Marksmanship Unit gunsmith, to offer superior downrange lethality over the 5.56 NATO/.223 Remington in an M16-pattern service rifle with minimal loss of magazine capacity and a negligible increase in recoil. The goal was to create a cartridge that would bridge the gap between 5.56 mm and 7.62mm.
- 16" 6.8 SPC 416R Stainless Heavy Contour Barrel with 1x8 Twist and 5/8x24 Threads. The chamber of this barrel conforms to SAAMI specs for 6.8 SPC. The barrel is machined for a 0.136" bolt face depth AKA a Type 2 6.8SPC bolt. The bolt carrier group available for purchase with this upper assembly has a Type 2 bolt matched to this barrel.
- Mil-Spec Upper Receiver forged from 7075 T6 aluminum with forward assist and dust cover assembly installed. Hard coat anodized MIL-STD 8625 Type 3 Class 2.
- 15" Narrow Profile Free Float Rail machined from 6061 T6 aluminum. Very comfortable and very light weight. Your choice of M-LOK or KEYMOD attachment points along the entire length at 3, 6, and 9 positions. Hard coat anodized MIL-STD 8625 Type 3 Class 2.
- 0.750" Low Profile Gas Block.
- Carbine Length Gas System.
- Mil-Spec A2 Flash Hider with crush washer.
- AR15parts will customize (to your specificaions in the drop down menu) your AR15 upper with the Rail Type (M-LOK or KEYMOD), a Magazine or two, one of our High Quality Bolt Carrier Groups, and your choice of 5 different Charging Handles.
This upper assembly will fit all standard AR15 lower receivers.
This item is "Firearm Parts", not a complete firearm (no serialized components). It will be shipped directly to you with no FFL transfer required.
You are responsible for knowing federal, state and local laws applicable to this item. AR15Parts.com reserves the right to not ship to addresses where it may not be legal to own this item.
ReviewsShellboneThis is the 6th I've gotten from ar15 part. High quality, shoot a lot of 6.8 SPC . You can hunt about anything with it. I recommend buy from AR15 part.Anonymous
My first great Christmas and a long timeMy wife and I have not had a decent Christmas for quite a few years and this is the first Christmas we both had a awesome Christmas.partly because of the economy and also because of the guests we were able to get each other. Converse customer service and delivery time was excellent. Thank you for making this year great.VA 6.8 Hunter
6.8 spc Deer Tracks uppperRecently received the AR15part's 6.8 upper and was very happy with the the fit and finish. Perfect! My grandson's lover the deer tracks! I had AR15part's added a Nitride BCG and extended charging handle. All parts were top notch and installed when received. I finally got to fit in on one of my lowers, and ran a mag thru it. The first round jammed as I charged the bolt, but re-seated bullets in the mag, and cycled bolt again. Loaded fine. Ran the full mag without issues. Just got to place the proper optic on it, and get ready for deer hunting this fall. I have a Stag model 7 in 6.8 which I dearly love, but was looking for a shorter, lighter version as a alternative. Only thing I regret is that AR15part.com gives you a 10% off code on your first order... I forgot to include my code! Bummer! So if you make an order, don't forget!Phillip Smith
6.8 spc upperVery nice.John C
Happy with itStill trying to get a lower receiver and ammunition for it. But overall everything looks good and I'm excited to take it for a spin.Chris Ellingson
GREAT UPPERTHANK YOUBrent Russell
6.8 SPC upperFit & function just like I expected, no end play, mated up perfectly. For the money there isn’t another website that can beat this one.BG
Build reviewI put together a 6.8 build using parts primarily from this seller, everything but the lower. I can't stress strongly enough how impressed I am with this build. I finally got a chance to range-test it and it functioned flawlessly. It looks good and shoots even better than it looks. I highly recommend this seller to anyone looking to build an AR in any caliber.Bob G.
New build.I'm still building this rifle so I haven't had the opportunity to range test it yet. I'm very impressed with the quality and workmanship of the 6.8 upper. If the quality of the BCG is as good as the upper I will be very pleased with this build. Shipping was very fast.
Leave a Review
DetailsCurrent Stock:SKU: UA68S16SS11HC24C_15ML00_A2UPC:Availability: Usually Ships in 24 HoursOld SKU: 1668SS1x11EXRL